What is stabiltrak?
STABILTRAK 101 is a two-component polyurethane paste system with heighten endurance, dedicated to strengthen embankments - i.e. to glue ballast, stabilize railroad bed, join stony components and aggregates, both in a dry and slightly wet environment.
- increased mechanical strength
- rigid-elastic work model
- the possibility of application in humid conditions
- low viscosity
- adjustable binding time
- good penetration
- bonding railway ballast;
- stabilization of the railway bed;
- bonding of stone components and aggregates;
Bonding time of the product is approximately 35 - 45 min. in temperature 20°C. The time can be shortened by rising temperature or adding catalyst. Hardening is longer in low temperatures.
Characteristics of components:
STABILTRACK 101 consists of two slightly viscous liquid components which mixed create polyurethane, which characterizes with low viscosity, well penetration of the base surface, possibility of regulation of hardening time and low combustibility.
- STABILTRAK 101 Component A is a mixture of polyols and supplementary ingredients. When there is a need it can be tinted to obtain required colour.
- STABILTRAK 101 Component B is a derivative of diphenylmethane diisocyanate.
|Unit||Measurement method||Component A||Component B|
|Density in 25°C, g/cm3||PN - EN ISO 3675||1,0-1,1||1,15-1,30|
|Viscosity in 25°C, MPA.S||PN - EN ISO 2884||250-450||150-250|
|Flash-point, °C||PN - EN ISO 22719||>200||>200|
Przeciągnij w bok, żeby zobaczyć całą tabelę
*color to agreed
Components of the system are mixed with the usage of rams horn suction and forcing pump and static mixer (adequately for slow reacting system by mechanic mixer) and irrigation on elements of a dry embankment. In contact with water (moisture) there may occur a reaction in which STABILTRAK 101 may spume a little till becoming hard, elastic foam with closed pores. A thin layer of foam does not disturb in the process of bonding of broken stone. The components should have the temperature form 6 to 30°C and the temperature of a base surface and irrigated material should not be lower than 6°C and higher than 45°C.
The material is packed in 20 - 1000l.
Do not store at temperatures below 5 ° C. The most preferred temperature for storage is 15-25 ° C. Originally sealed containers can be stored for at least twelve months at room temperature. After prolonged storage, the resin component should be mixed well before use.
REINFORCEMENT OF THE NEWRALGICAL PLACES
As a result of exploitation of the railway structure, undesirable movement and slippage of the railway balustrade occurs. Most often it applies to places in transitional zones, between the embankment made of crushed stone and the rigid ground of engineering structures, for instance: in front of the bridges and viaducts, tracks crossing, at switches, in the vicinity of crossroads and especially on loaded tracks’ curves.
1. Stabilization of transitional areas near engineering facilities
Stabilization of the broken stone in places of transitional zones allows for elimination of rail bedding destabilization, caused by the threshold effect during the transit of the engineering objects. It has a significant influence on the reduction of the vibrations and deformability of the railway ballast layer.
2. Stabilization of railroad foundations in the arc load zone
As a result of the centrifugal force, during the rail movement, the loads on the curves are greater than in other places. The ballast stabilization service will secure the track foundations which are exposed to the movement.
3. Ballast protection during railroad infrastructure renovation
The technology provides stabilization of the ballast exposed to slipping as a result of renovations or repairs of neighbouring tracks with simultaneous rolling stock movement.
4. Stabilization of broken stone on junctions and intersections
Stabilization of broken stone in the vicinity of switches, crossings and track joints will effectively protect the aggregate against displacement and will significantly reduce operating costs.
5. Bonding of ballast, elimination of local damages
Local loosening of the ballast can be easily and quickly eliminated by opting for the service of ballast stabilization with binding resin. This will extend the durability of the structure.
6. Bonding of railroad ballast, elimination of "wild passages"
Prevents the so-called "wild passages" from the laxation of stone caused by mass, uncontrolled movement of pedestrians in unauthorized places.
EFFECTS OF USING THE TECHNOLOGY
- strengthening places under crossovers and track crossings,
- protection against the scrambling of individual stones during the high speed journeys,
- protection of evacuation and emergency routes at railroad tracks and tunnels,
- protection against vandalism,
- elimination of loose spots in the ballast while maintaining continuity in train journeys,
- easy cleaning next to platforms, stops and stations,
- the ability to carry out renovation works while maintaining the continuity of passage on the adjacent track,
- reduction of the need for frequent ballast maintenance,
- extending the lifetime of the railway / tram line,
- high comfort of traveling during fast speeds.